IMPORTANT: The Embassy is extending consular services by appointment only, until further notice. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained. Please click on our latest advisory here for more information on how to secure an appointment before visiting the Embassy.
If your name and receipt number is on the list of passports for release (see attached document at the end of this page), please bring the following to the Embassy to claim your new passport:
- Old passport
- Original official receipt
- Only immediate family members are allowed to get the passport on behalf of the applicant. Immediate family members include father, mother, brother, sister, spouse and children of legal age with proper authorization letter.
- Passport of a minor applicant shall be released to parents only or to an authorized representative with Special Power of Attorney.
If you arranged to have your new passport to be mailed to you, please mail your old passport and original official receipt to the Embassy first for cancellation before we send your new passport. Your receipt and cancelled old passport will be returned to you along with your new passport.
Kindly note that those who renewed their passports together may not necessarily have their new passports available on the same date.
The passports of the following will be mailed to them automatically when available:
- New (i.e. first-time) applicants
- Applicants for replacement of lost passport
- Applicants who had their old passports cancelled during their renewal application
- Applicants who filed for passport renewal along with their dual citizenship application
For those who have changed their name on their new passport, please include a note in your envelope with your new name, so that your old passport can be matched immediately with your new passport.
If you have mailed your passport for cancellation and are expecting your new passport, please refrain from contacting the Embassy for follow-up until after two weeks of sending the old passport, to allow for the normal mailing time to and from our Embassy.
We have also posted the names of those whose passports and other documents have been mailed by the Embassy but were unclaimed and returned to us. If your name is on the list, please contact the Embassy.