UPDATE 1: Beginning 08 March 2021, senior citizens (i.e. applicants 60 years old and above at the time of application), as well as pregnant Filipinas, will be allowed to avail of any services at the Embassy, except dual citizenship oath-taking, as walk-in applicants without an appointment, from Mondays to Fridays, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. only. Pregnant applicants should bring proof of their pregnancy (i.e. medical certificate). Please refer to the appropriate page on our website for the complete requirements of the services you wish to avail. All other applicants must still secure an appointment by following the procedure below. Thank you.
In compliance with heightened COVID-19 restrictions in Norway announced over the past few days, including a directive from the Oslo Kommune for work-from-home arrangements whenever possible, the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway wishes to announce the following updates to its consular services beginning Tuesday, 03 November 2020, and until further notice:
- An ONLINE APPOINTMENT confirmed by the Embassy will still be required for all applicants wishing to transact with the Embassy in person. The Consular Section of the Embassy will now be open from Mondays to Fridays except holidays, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. only, for both receiving applications and releasing of passports and processed applications, and for those with confirmed appointments only.
- Those with appointments confirmed by the Embassy prior to this announcement, including appointments for releasing of passports from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., will still be entertained during their confirmed appointments.
- Please click here for updated information related to travelling to Norway amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. As for regulations regarding travel from Norway to the applicant’s country of origin, it is the responsibility of the applicant to consult immigration authorities in his/her country of origin regarding any restrictions that may affect him/her.
- To secure an appointment, please email your full name and requested service to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT” and attach scanned copies of the documentary requirements relevant to the service that you wish to avail (except proof of payment - please do NOT deposit payments in the Embassy’s bank account). For releasing of passports, please email a copy of your old passport and receipt; if claiming on behalf of immediate family, please email a copy of your passport and authorization letter of passport applicant, as applicable. The Embassy will reply with a confirmed appointment schedule after receipt of complete requirements via email. The Embassy will not entertain any walk-in applicant who does not have a confirmed appointment.
The Embassy will receive and process the following applications by appointment:
- Passport (first-time and renewal applications);
- Issuance of emergency travel document for Filipinos for one-way direct travel to the Philippines;
- Acknowledgment of Special Power of Attorney, employment contracts, and other documents;
- Visa (only for foreign nationals who are exempted from the suspension on visa issuance: please refer to COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 43 for the updated list)
- Civil registry (Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, Report of Death);
- Oath-taking for Philippine citizenship reacquisition/retention for dual citizenship
- Attestation of au pair contracts;
- Overseas voter registration; and
- Releasing of passports and other processed applications.
- All payments for the above services will be paid at the Embassy in cash, Norwegian kroner only. In the spirit of social distancing and to minimize visits to the Embassy for applicants, all services, except passport and visa applications, will be processed on the same day. Applicants will need to pay the expedite fee of NOK 90 per transaction, cash only.
- Processing and claiming of applications will both be done on the 5th floor of the Embassy building.
- Upon entry to the Embassy building and while within the Embassy premises, it shall be mandatory for all clients to observe the relevant hygiene protocols, including the use of hand sanitizers and wearing of face masks. Only clients shall be allowed entry to the Embassy premises, except for the elderly and minor children who may be accompanied by one (1) person. Upon entry, clients shall also accomplish the Health Declaration Form provided at the processor’s window.
- The Embassy will continue to receive mailed-in applications for visa, Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, and attestation of au pair contracts from Norway and Iceland. Please include your contact details with your application.
- Applicants who have arranged for return postage or courier of their new passports may continue to mail their old passports for cancellation in order to claim their renewed passports.
- For those with urgent need for passport renewal but have not yet applied for the same, or for those who have already applied, but whose new passports are still not available, the Embassy may extend, on a case to case basis, the validity of the current valid passport for one (1) year. Please email a copy of the expiring passport and proof of emergency with the subject line "EXTENSION OF PASSPORT VALIDITY" to email@example.com for evaluation.
- The Embassy may be reached through the following:
- Assistance to Nationals phone (for emergencies): +47 902 41 171
- Duty phone (for consular queries outside office hours): +47 950 01 072
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page: “Philippine Embassy in Norway”
- The Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway, reiterates that it no longer has jurisdiction over Finland and Sweden, in view of the opening of the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden. For those in need of consular services in Finland and Sweden, please contact the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm directly via their Facebook page.
The above arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We ask for the public’s continued understanding and advise all to monitor the Embassy’s website and Facebook page for updates.
This advisory supersedes all previous announcements regarding the Embassy’s working hours and services, particularly COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 40.