UPDATE 2: Beginning 19 September 2020, Norway has designated Iceland as "yellow", and all persons arriving from Iceland will not be required to quarantine upon arrival. Thus, the Embassy will resume receiving applicants from Iceland. However, applicants coming from Iceland are advised to keep updated about the changing quarantine and testing rules, in both Norway and Iceland, since these rules are subject to change without prior notice. Thank you.
UPDATE 1: Norway has designated Iceland as "red" and will be requiring all persons arriving from Iceland to observe a mandatory 10-day quarantine from 15 August 2020. In addition, all counties of Sweden are reverted to "red" status except Kalmar, Södermanland, and Västerbotten - only persons arriving in Norway from these three counties in Sweden will be exempt from the quarantine requirement. For the information and guidance of all.
In view of Norway’s resumption of travel-related COVID-19 restrictions over the past weeks, and with the health and safety of its personnel and clientele as an utmost priority, the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway hereby provides the following updates to its consular services beginning 24 August 2020 and until further notice:
- An ONLINE APPOINTMENT confirmed by the Embassy will again be required for all applicants wishing to transact with the Embassy in person. The Embassy will continue to be open from Mondays to Fridays except holidays, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., to receive applications from those with confirmed appointments.
- Please click here for updated information related to travelling to Norway amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. As for regulations regarding travel from Norway to the applicant’s country of origin, it is the responsibility of the applicant to consult immigration authorities in their country of origin regarding any restrictions that may affect them.
- To secure an appointment, please email your full name and requested service to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT” and attach scanned copies of the documentary requirements relevant to the service that you wish to avail. The Embassy will reply with a confirmed appointment schedule after receipt of complete requirements via email. The Embassy will not entertain walk-in applicants who do not have a confirmed appointment.
The Embassy will receive and process the following applications by appointment:
- Passport (first-time and renewal applications);
- Visa (only for foreign nationals who are exempted from the suspension on visa issuance: please refer to COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 38 for the updated list)
- Civil registry (Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, Report of Death);
- Issuance of emergency travel document for Filipinos for one-way direct travel to the Philippines;
- Acknowledgment of Special Power of Attorney, employment contracts, and other documents;
- Attestation of au pair contracts; and
- Oath-taking for Philippine citizenship reacquisition/retention for dual citizenship
- In the spirit of social distancing and to minimize visits to the Embassy for applicants, all services except passport and visa applications will be processed on the same day. Applicants will need to pay the expedite fee of NOK 90 per transaction.
- The Embassy will also be open for releasing of new passports that are already available, from Mondays to Fridays except holidays, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please email your full name to email@example.com with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT – PASSPORT RELEASE”, and email a copy of your old passport and receipt. The Embassy will reply with a confirmed appointment schedule for passport pick-up. The Embassy will not entertain persons who do not have a confirmed appointment.
- Processing and claiming of applications will both be done on the 5th floor of the Embassy building.
- Upon entry to the Embassy building and while within the Embassy premises, it shall be mandatory for all clients to observe the relevant hygiene protocols, including the use of hand sanitizers and wearing of face masks. Only clients shall be allowed entry to the Embassy premises, except for the elderly and minor children who may be accompanied by one (1) person. Upon entry, clients shall also accomplish the Health Declaration Form provided at the processor’s window.
- The Embassy will continue to receive mailed-in applications for Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, and attestation of au pair contracts from Norway and Iceland. Please include your contact details with your application.
- Applicants who have arranged for return postage or courier of their new passports may continue to mail their old passports for cancellation in order to claim their renewed passports.
- For those with urgent need for passport renewal but have not yet applied for the same, or for those who have already applied, but whose new passports are still not available, the Embassy may extend, on a case to case basis, the validity of the current valid passport for one (1) year. Please email a copy of the expiring passport and proof of emergency with the subject line "EXTENSION OF PASSPORT VALIDITY" to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation.
- The Embassy may be reached through the following:
- Assistance to Nationals phone (for emergencies): +47 902 41 171
- Duty phone (for consular queries outside office hours): +47 950 01 072
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook page: “Philippine Embassy in Norway”
- The Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway, reiterates that it no longer has jurisdiction over Finland and Sweden, in view of the opening of the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden. For those in need of consular services in Finland and Sweden, except passport services, please contact the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm directly via their Facebook page.
The above arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We ask for the public’s continued understanding and advise all to monitor the Embassy’s website and Facebook page for updates.
This advisory supersedes all previous announcements regarding the Embassy’s working hours and services, particularly COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 33.