I want to stay in the Philippines more than the 30 visa-free days that I’m allowed. Should I get a visa from the Embassy?

You may do either of the following: (1) apply for a visa at our Embassy for a maximum 59-day stay, or (2) apply to extend your stay directly with the Bureau of Immigration while already in the Philippines and prior to the expiration of your 30 visa-free days (you need a departure ticket within 30 days of arrival to avail of visa-free entry). If you have a departure ticket after more than 30 days of arriving in the Philippines, you need to secure a visa before going to the Philippines(.