Who needs to file a Report of Marriage/Birth?

If you were married or had a child abroad and would like to have a record of your marriage or birth of your child with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), then you may file a Report of Marriage/Birth. For Filipina women who got married abroad, a Report of Marriage is required to use the surname of your husband on your Philippine passport.

Kindly note that foreign authorities do not automatically forward marriage and birth records to our Embassy or to the PSA.