IMPORTANT: The Embassy returns to an appointment system for consular services beginning 24 August 2020. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained from this date. Please click on the full advisory here for more information.
"Seaman" refers to any foreigner who, in good faith, has signed on the articles of a vessel arriving at a port of the Philippines from any place outside thereof, employed in any capacity on board such vessel, and seeking to enter the Philippines solely in pursuit of his calling as a seaman, with the intention of departing with the vessel or reshipping on other vessel that is bound for a foreign port or place or one coming to the Philippines to join a vessel in this country.
Requirements for Seafarer's Visa
For applicants applying in person
- Duly accomplished application form
- Passport - original and one (1) photocopy of data page (page showing photo and complete name). The passport must be valid at for least 6 months from return date (Note: only electronic passports and machine readable passports are accepted for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted. Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into the Philippines holding non-machine readable passports.)
- ID photo - one (1) colored 4.5 x 3.5 cm. photograph showing applicant in proper/decent attire, taken not earlier than six (6) months before applying for the visa, attached to the application. Blurred, scanned or low quality photos are not accepted.
- Airline ticket - copy of travel itinerary or prospective (not confirmed) flight details in the Philippines (including return or onward journey to the next port of destination).
- Letter from the shipping company bearing the name of the seaman and the details of the vessel to be boarded in the Philippines
- Payment of fees
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of waybill from courier (if choosing to have the passport with visa mailed when available; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
For applicants applying through mail
1. Items 1-5
2. Bank transfer payment - credit advice from applicant's bank to help us locate the payment made by the applicant to the Embassy's bank account:
BANK : DNB, Stranden 21, Oslo, Norway
Account No: 1503.37.31504
IBAN : NO6315033731504
SWIFT CODE : DNBANOKKXXX
Account Name: Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway.
Important: All bank charges must be paid by the applicant. Visa applications without credit advice or proof of payment (i.e. bank certificate/receipt) will not be processed.
3. Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of waybill from courier (if choosing to have the passport with visa mailed when available; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
Please mail all of the above requirements, including proof of payment of the required fees to the Embassy's bank account, to the following address: P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway
Requirements for Crew List Visa
A crew list visa is issued for all foreign members of the crew of a foreign-registered vessel or aircraft bound for the Philippines. Personnel on the aircraft or vessel whose names are not included in the crew list visa or not possessing a valid individual Philippine entry visa will not be allowed to enter the Philippines.
For applicants applying in person or by mail
- Items 1 to 5 of seafarer's visa (see requirements above), for each seafarer
- Duly accomplished FA Form No. 61 (Excel format) which may be downloaded from the DFA website
- Payment of fees. If application by mail, see procedure of bank transfer above.
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of waybill from courier
For applicants applying by electronic mail
- Scanned copies of duly accomplished visa application form with photo for each seafarer
- Scanned copy of duly accomplished FA Form No. 61 (Excel format) with the e-signatures of the Agent/Representative in Part E and of the Captain/Master in Part F
- Scanned copies of the passport data pages of the foreign seafarers
- Scanned copy of the letter from the shipping company
- Payment of fees