"Seaman" refers to any foreigner who, in good faith, has signed on the articles of a vessel arriving at a port of the Philippines from any place outside thereof, employed in any capacity on board such vessel, and seeking to enter the Philippines solely in pursuit of his calling as a seaman, with the intention of departing with the vessel or reshipping on other vessel that is bound for a foreign port or place or one coming to the Philippines to join a vessel in this country.
Requirements for Seafarer's Visa
For applicants applying in person, please submit the following:
- Duly accomplished application form
- Passport (original and photocopy) - valid at least 6 months beyond authorized stay in the Philippines (Note: only electronic passports and machine readable passports are accepted for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted. Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into the Philippines holding non-machine readable passports.)
- Photograph - one (1) 4.5 x 3.5 cm colored photograph showing applicant in proper/decent attire, taken not earlier than six (6) months before applying for the visa, attached to the application; blurred, scanned or low quality photos are not accepted
- Airline ticket - copy of travel itinerary or prospective flight details in the Philippines (including return or onward journey to the next port of destination)
- Letter from the shipping company bearing the name of the seaman and the details of the vessel to be boarded in the Philippines
- Fee: Norwegian Kroner, Cash Only
For applicants applying through mail
- Items 1-5
- Bank transfer payment - credit advice from applicant's bank to help us locate the payment made by the applicant to the Embassy's bank account:
BANK : DNB, Stranden 21, Oslo, Norway
Account No: 1503.37.31504
IBAN : NO6315033731504
SWIFT CODE : DNBANOKKXXX
Account Name: Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway.
Important: All bank charges must be paid by the applicant. Visa applications without credit advice or proof of payment (i.e. bank certificate/receipt) will not be processed.
- Self-addressed return envelope - please write your name and address. This will be used to mail back your passport. The Philippine Embassy shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to passport or documents in the mail. In case of RETURN TO SENDER, the applicant will pay the penalty and the expense of re-mailing.
Please mail your application to the following address:
P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway
- All payments in Norwegian Kroner, non-refundable.
- For applicants applying in person, only cash payments are accepted.
- For applicants applying through mail, please see Schedule of Fees. All bank charges must be paid by the applicant (usually NOK 50)
- Fees are subject to change without further notice.