IMPORTANT: The Embassy is extending consular services by appointment only, until further notice. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained. Please click on our latest advisory here for more information on how to secure an appointment before visiting the Embassy.
The Embassy assists individuals applying for National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance by facilitating the applicant's fingerprinting of the NBI card form.
- Personal appearance of the applicant
- Passport - original and two (2) photocopies of data page (page showing photo and complete name)
- ID photo - one (1) colored 2" x 2" photograph with white background showing applicant in proper/decent attire, taken not earlier than six (6) months before application. Blurred, scanned or low quality photos are not accepted.
- Payment of fees (to be paid by applicant at the Embassy, in cash, Norwegian kroner only)
- NBI card fingerprinting - NOK 225
- Expedite fee for same-day processing - NOK 90
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of airway bill from courier (if choosing to have the acknowledged contract mailed when ready; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
The applicant will sign and fill out the NBI card form and affix his/her fingerprints in the presence of the Embassy's consular officer (NBI card form to be provided by the Embassy).
Processing time is three (3) working days upon receipt of complete documents and payment.
Presentation of the official receipt issued by the Embassy is required if claiming your document in person at the Embassy.
Kindly note that the NBI card form is not the NBI Clearance itself. Once signed by the Embassy's consular officer, the form should be sent to the applicant's authorized representative in the Philippines, together with an authorization letter. The representative will process the clearance with the NBI on your behalf.