The Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway, would like to call attention to the rising incidence of fraudulent online job recruitment schemes for Finland. Jobseekers are advised to be careful in dealing online with companies, persons or other entities offering jobs in Finland, as these may be a form of job recruitment scams.
Jobseekers should look out for the following modus operandi that are used by bogus or fraudulent online recruiters for jobs in Finland:
- The job offer is for the position of a Cleaner in a Cleaning Department, for one (1) year, in Helsinki, Finland.
- The job offer includes high salary, free accommodation, free transportation, free food on duty, and yearly vacation paid by employers.
- The job offer requires a placement fee of Euro 2000;
- Before the job contract is sent, the applicant is instructed to remit half of the remittance fee, either through bank to bank transfer or through Western Union, to cover fees for processing of documents;
- Applicant is sent scanned copies of employment contract or offer;
- Applicant is instructed to send the rest of the placement fee once he/she receives his/her visa and airline tickets;
- Applicant waits but does not receive the visa and airline tickets;
- Once the applicant decides to withdraw the application, the recruiter promises to refund the placement fees.
- After months of promising to refund the placement fee, the recruiter then stops communicating with the applicant.
Any job offer through emails and social media which requires payment of fees for documentation and processing of visa and other travel documents is a sure sign of a scam.
To avoid being victimized by online fraudulent job recruiters, applicants or any interested parties are advised to validate the authenticity of job offers with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) through its verification system at www.poea.gov.ph, hotlines 0063 2 722 1144 and 0063 2 722 1155, and POEA mobile phone application, downloadable via Google Play or App Store.
You may also report the matter to the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway at firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone number 0047 902 41 171. END