The Utlendingsdirektoratet (UDI) or The Immigration Directorate of Norway recently published circular RS2012-015 containing the rules and regulations that will govern the residence permits for au pairs in Norway that are effective as of July 2, 2012. These changes are applied to those au pair applications received after July 2.
Prospective host families and au pairs are advised to read and familiarize themselves with the following important points under the new rules and regulations:
- Rule 3.1.2 on Non-issuance of permit to an au pair who have children of her own;
- Rule 3.3.5 on Insurance that covers repatriation in case of death, illness or injury;
- Rule 3.3.6 on Norwegian language learning course fees which has been increased to a minimum of NOK7000 per year ;
- Rule 3.3.7 on Pocket money which was increased from NOK4000 to 5000 per month;
- Rule 3.3.8 on Au Pair’s return to her home country;
- Rule 3.3.9 on Termination or Resignation;
- Rule 3.3.10 Requiring both host family and au pair to report to the local police in case of disagreement, termination or resignation.
The read the full text of the circular, you may visit UDI's website.