What is a Philippine Visa?
A Philippine Visa is an endorsement made on a travel document by a consular officer at a Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad denoting that the visa application has been properly examined and that the bearer is permitted to proceed to the Philippines and request permission from the Philippine Immigration authorities at the ports of entries to enter the country. The visa thus issued is not a guarantee that the holder will be automatically admitted into the country, because the admission of foreign nationals into the Philippines is a function of the immigration authorities at the port of entry.
The visa issued is for ENTRY purposes only and is not a guarantee that the holder will be automatically admitted into the country, because the admission of foreign nationals into the Philippines is a function of the Bureau of Immigration authorities at the port of entry.
What is a "foreign tourist"?
A “foreign tourist” is defined as a person without distinction as to race, gender, language or religion, who is proceeding to the Philippines for a legitimate, non-immigrant purpose such as sightseeing, sports, health, family reasons, training or study (excluding enrollment in schools for the purpose of obtaining a title or degree), religious pilgrimage, business, cultural and scientific purposes.
The Philippines grants visa-free entry to passport holders (including holders of emergency passports or travel documents issued by their countries) to nationals of a number of countries with which the Philippines maintains diplomatic relations, including Danish, Icelandic, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian nationals, provided that:
- Their stay will not exceed 30 days;
- They hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination; and,
- Their passports are valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.
Nationals from the following countries are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a period of stay of thirty (30) days or less:
For all other nationalities, please contact the Embassy: email@example.com
Important Note: Nationals who are subjects of deportation/blacklist orders of the Department and the Bureau of Immigration shall not be admitted to the Philippines. Please contact us for further inquiries.
How to Apply for a 9(a) Tourist Visa?
- Application for a temporary visitor’s visa could either be made in person or through mail.
- Applications should be applied or submitted Thirty (30) days or one month (1)before the intended departure to the Philippines.
- The Embassy will not hasten the visa processing to accommodate the applicant's flight schedule.
- Processing of Visa applications takes 10-working days after the receipt of COMPLETE requirements (Incomplete visa applications will NOT be processed).
- In case of a temporary visitor's visa holder whose stay in the Philippines will exceed the authorized period of stay, he/she will have to report to the Bureau of Immigration, secure an extension of stay and pay the corresponding immigration fees. Information on fees for extension of stay and other Immigration fees are available at the Bureau of Immigration website (http://immigration.gov.ph/ ).
A. For applicants applying in person, please submit the following:
1. Passport. Original passport of applicant, valid at least 6 months from return date.
2. Application Form. Duly accomplished application form
3. Photograph. One (1) 4.5 x 3.5 cm, applicant should be in proper/decent attire, color or black and white photograph taken not earlier than six (6) months before applying for a visa (attach to the application);
Blurred, scanned or low quality photos are not accepted.
4. Airline Ticket. Copy of travel itinerary or confirmed flight details in the Philippines (including return or onward journey to the next port of destination); and,
5. Proof of Financial Capacity
- Photocopy of latest bank statement or an employment certificate from the employer indicating position and salary, or affidavit of support, for Tourist Visa (for pleasure only).
- Letter from employer or sponsor of the trip, indicating its specific purpose or nature and length of stay (inclusive dates) in the Philippines, for Tourist Visa (for business only).
6. Fee: Norwegian Kroner, Cash Only
B. For applicants applying through mail
1. Items 1-6
2. Bank Transfer Payment. Credit advice from applicant's bank to help us locate the payment made by the applicant to the Embassy's bank account
BANK : DNB, Stranden 21, Oslo, Norway
Account No: 1503.37.31504
IBAN : NO6315033731504
SWIFT CODE : DNBANOKKXXX
Account Name: Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway.
Important:( All bank charges must be paid by the applicant.) Please be reminded that visa applications without credit advice or proof of payment (i.e. bank certificate/receipt) will not be processed.
3. Self-addressed return envelope. Please write your name and address on it. This will be used to mail back your passport.
- The Philippine Embassy shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to passport or documents in the mail.
- In case of RETURN TO SENDER, the applicant will pay the penalty and the expense of remailing.
C. For applicants below 15 years of age and who will not be accompanied by either parent: Under Section 29(a) (12) of the Commonwealth Act No. 613 or the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by or not joining a parent, are classified as excludable from entering the Philippines. In order for them to be admitted into the Philippines, the applicant's parents must comply with a Philippine requirement called Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) to be submitted at the port of entry.
1. Items 1-6
2. WEG Form)duly notarized by a local notary public, certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and finally, notarized by the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway
3. Birth certificate of Applicant in English
4. Passport of Parents (photocopy only)
5. Passport of companion (photocopy only)
Note: There is a waiver fee of P3,120.00 for each unaccompanied minor to be paid to the Bureau of Immigration authorities at the port of entry.
D. FEE (http://philembassy.no/consular-services/schedule-of-fees-price-list):
Single ENTRY valid for three (3) months 270
Single ENTRY valid for three (3) months
(Visa Required Nationals) 360
Multiple ENTRY valid for six (6) months 540
Multiple ENTRY valid for one (1) year 810
2. Postage (recommended mail)
Norway (small envelop, up to two passports) 180
Norway (big envelop, up to four passports) 220
Outside Norway (small envelop, up to two passports) 200
Outside Norway (big envelop, up to four passports) 260
• All payments in Norwegian Kroner, non-refundable.
• For applicants applying in person, payments in cash only.
• For applicants applying through mail, please click link for Embassy's account number (http://philembassy.no/consular-services/schedule-of-fees-price-list) All bank charges must be paid by the applicant. (Usually NOK 50)
• Fees are subject to change without further notice.
E. Contacting the visa section: firstname.lastname@example.org
F. The Consular Officer reserves the right to request additional documents from the applicant.