Marriages abroad of Filipino citizens must be reported and duly registered. The Philippine Embassy registers marriages of Filipino citizens celebrated in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Below are the requirements for the Report of Marriage:
- Three (3) copies of the duly accomplished Report of Marriage Form . Complete all the entries to avoid unnecessary delay.
- One (1) original and two (2) extra copies of the Marriage Certificate (with English translation) issued by local authorities and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of marriage.
- Three (3) photocopies of passports of both parties.
- Payment of Report of Marriage Fee of NOK 225,00 (cash payment or direct bank deposit only). For Reports of Marriage filed by mail, please add a postage fee of NOK 180 for Norway and NOK 220 for Denmark, Sweden, Finland or Iceland to cover the cost of mailing the processed Report of Marriage back to the applicant.
Reports of Marriage may be filed either by mail or in person at the Consular section of the Embassy which is open from 0900H to 1400H, Mondays thru Fridays, except during Philippine and Norwegian holidays.
The Embassy will forward one copy of the Report of Marriage to the National Statistics Office (NSO) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and the third copy will be given to the applicant. You may retrieve your NSO-certified Marriage Contract from the Philippines within three to four months after filing the Report of Marriage at the Embassy.
Important Instructions in Filling Up the Report of Marriage Form
- For the field of Wife’s Last Name, please write the wife’s maiden Last Name (or her Last Name before the marriage)
- Please leave the Date of Report and ID# fields blank. The Embassy will fill up this part.
- For all fields requiring dates, please use the dd-MMM-yyyy format (e.g. 23-FEB-2012, 1-NOV-1984).
- Please do not forget to affix by hand the signatures in the fields provided for Signature of Husband and Signature of Wife and the date and place of signature at the bottom of the form.
- The Embassy’s Report of Marriage Form (PDF format) is now fillable. You may enter information as needed and then print out the form with the entries typed-in. Please note that, although you can save the blank form, the content cannot be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to print out the form after filling it in.
- If filling the form by hand, please write legibly and please use BLOCK CAPITAL letters.
The Embassy will forward one copy of the Report of Marriage to the National Statistics Office (NSO) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and the third copy will be given to the applicant. You may retrieve your NSO-certified Marriage Contract from the Philippines within three to four months.